Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yeast Infection

If my memory had been better, I never would have been in this fix. There are so many things I have known in the past that I have totally forgotten. Like the B vitamins. Today's culprit: Candida.

The process goes like this:

1. Candida Albacans is a natural part of your intestinal flora, which is held in check by pro-biotics such as acidophilus and bifidus.

2. When you take an antibiotic for any length of time, Candida morphs from it's yeast state to a fungal state. (This one I never knew before.) It can hide in your system for years without symptoms. This form is resistant to the probiotics, although it does eventually succumb.

3. This fungal Candida burrows into the wall of your intestines. After a while, it actually allows fluids (and toxic stuff) to leak directly out into your blood, attacking your joints and leading to arthritis.

3. In order to get rid of Candida, you have to approach it from two directions - deprive it of food, and kill it off with something. One approach alone won't do it. Believe me, I've tried.

a. Starve it: Don't eat any sugared food including fruit. Don't eat any high carb foods and especially foods that can grow mold. In other words bread and cooked vegetables. So what does that leave to eat? Meat and raw vegetables. Yep.

b. Kill it: At the same time, take massive probiotics.

Now, I have been doing a and b for several weeks. And I *am* better. But it has just seemed impossible to keep it up long enough. I've just discovered something else which I may have known at one point but had forgotten.

Probiotics seldom survive your stomach.

Where they are most needed is in the intestines. That's where the yeast is living, eating, hiding. It may well be in other places in your system also, but the intestine is the big deal.

So anyhow, the primary probiotic for an advanced yeast infection is ThreeLac from Global Health Trax. They have the exclusive distributorship outside of Japan, where it was developed. Each grain of this probiotic is coated in a way to keep it protected through the stomach and release it in the intestines.

Daughter and I took ThreeLac a few years ago, and it was indeed very effective. Also very expensive. We didn't keep it up, or use it as it should have been, simply because we didn't have the money.

Now we do.

So I have ordered - well, not ThreeLac. They have a new one now called FiveLac, and it's on the way. I didn't order from GHT though. I found a couple in the midwest who have battled yeast all their lives, found answers, and promote health on the internet. Their address is: http://www.stopyeast.com/. They include instructions and advice along with selling you the product. And they don't make much on it.

A problem, however, with rapidly killing off the yeast is that the dead yeast floats around in your system. It's necessary to take a LOT of fiber to wash it out. So I've also ordered a stuff called LocLo. Total order: $86. I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: