Saturday, February 14, 2009

Improvements

Over the last week, I have done a lot of organizing, put down more floor tiles in Daughter's kitchen, cleaned the freezer and refrigerator, and reorganized the laundry and hall including assembling storage units.

Why the sudden resurgence of energy?

My left hip is just as bad. I'm not sure my brain is working better. I fell on Tuesday and twisted my right leg so that I can barely put weight on it (better today, finally). My blood sugar is no different; I'm certainly not sleeping better. Yet I'm getting things done, in spite of heavy demands on my time by the helpless around me.

I was reading (in Dr. Hyman's UltraThyroid) that the body requires B vitamines to make SAMe. I knew that SAMe is an issue for me from past experience. I can't think properly without it. I also know that you can't get a toxic dose of Bs because they're water-soluble. So, in spite of the fact that I have been regularly taking B and haven't been depressed, I took a handful (8) on Thursday last week.

There were two almost immediate results. One is the increase in energy, the other is that the raw vegetables I'm trying to get myself to eat suddenly taste better.

Hmm. I think I'll go take a mega-dose again now.

No comments: