Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pain in My Neck

Literally.

I actually have an excuse for not documenting for a week. I've been in waaaaay too much pain!

It started on Monday with arthritis/bursitis in my left shoulder; bad enough that I couldn't raise my arm. This continued through Tuesday.

On Wednesday I woke up with a 'crick' in my neck. It was very bad, but I tried to not let it keep me from doing things. I slept carefully, and it was better Thursday morning.

During the day, I helped Daughter get ready for our Writer's Meetup, which was being held here. By the time the meeting was over, I was in agony. Both Hubby and Daughter worked on it, but without real success.

Friday it was better, then awful again in the evening. Saturday the same thing, so that I could barely function for A's game night. And better Sunday morning, awful by night time. Sunday I did grocery shopping, which I could barely get through, even though I was using a Mart Cart. And Sunday night it was so bad that I couldn't sleep it better.

Monday I stayed in bed late and didn't do much of anything all day. Monday night I slept. I got up after 3:00 pm on Tuesday.

It's much better. As Prim (internet friend) pointed out, using the crutches is hard on those muscles. Staying off my feet is helping a lot. In fact, I actually thought this morning that it might be gone. It isn't, but I have hope that it may be tomorrow.

I'm counting myself incredibly lucky that Hubby is off work this week, so that I don't have to do my usual running.

Other things which may be helping: The nutritional formula that Rev. Patti gave me; lots of calcium and magnesium; lots and lots of nsaids, both by mouth and topically; staying off sugar.

No comments: