Increase Physical Activity
Results to expect:
Do this to burn sugar and acid ash out of your system, to increase circulation, improve resistance to disease, and decrease your rate of aging. Exercise before bed also improves your sleep value, resulting in deeper sleep with less interruption.
Your body senses the amount of sugar in the blood and takes appropriate action by releasing insulin. The cells need insulin in order to use the sugar for fuel.
1. In a normal body, once the fuel demand is met, extra calories are converted to fat. Bad result.
2. In the case of low blood sugar, excess insulin results in rapid burn off of the blood sugar, resulting in feeling hot (from the burn), and then crashing when too much sugar has been removed from the blood at once. This makes you tired, slow, and hungry - for sugar. Bad result.
3. In the case of insulin resistance (which usually means Type II diabetes), the cells refuse the insulin the body offers, and do not therefore burn the sugar. This excess sugar in the blood has several unhappy effects. One, the sugar crystalizes on the outside of red blood cells. This makes the red blood cell less able to carry oxygen. It also makes the cell both big and sharp. This tears up capillaries, which eventually can cause the loss of feet and eyesight. More immediately, since the brain runs on almost pure sugar, the brain remains active, making it difficult to sleep. Even though this active brain is somewhat foggy. Very bad result.
● In the first case, exercise leaves fewer calories to be turned into fat.
● In the second case, the exercise uses the sugar before the body sees the calories as extra and burns them away.
● In the third case, exercise keys the cells to ask for insulin so that they can become active to meet the need created by the exercise.