Friday, July 17, 2009

Time Passages

Wow. I'd forgotten this even existed. I guess that's what I get for starting something new just before a major operation and being away for two or three weeks.

It has now been two and a half months since Hip Replacement 2. I'm doing well - almost walking. I frequently move from room to room without the crutch now.

I think that physical therapy has probably been valuable, but I'm not sure I wouldn't have been progressing on the same schedule - walking, climbing stairs, etc. The major thing is that it works muscles that I would not have, and I think I'm probably building muscle that I would not have. At least I am specifically trying to.

I worked on the 'bike' for five minutes this Tuesday. I did not expect it to be so hard; I barely got through it, and that was with three rest breaks! I burned a whole 21 calories! I'm looking forward to doing more of that and seeing how much I can improve, since it gives actually numbers to measure progress.

Nutritionally, I haven't been doing nearly as well as I should. I went on a major chocolate binge which really set me back, but thanks to 5-Hour Energy and Hoodia, I'm doing better again. Hoodia really *does* suppress appatite for me, and energy is what I'm seeking when I turn to chocolate.

No comments: