Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Physical Therapy

I never had any PT with the first hip replacement. The surgeon was leery of pushing the joint too fast. He now has an association with a PT team which has offices in the same building, and is in fact under the same 'umbrella' name of Pinnacle Association.

Rather to my surprise, I enjoy my PT session, and enjoy interacting with the two therapists. They're fun. PT is NOT fun, but I'm making progress, and that keeps me going.

I've mostly gone one day a week since May, but starting this week I'm going three times, to get as much out of the month I have left as possible.

The week after my prescription ends, I'll be going to SFX, my ultimate goal in this whole physical thing. If it weren't for the desire to volunteer there, and to be able to walk around (at a rather good clip, at that!) for at least 8 hours a day, I probably wouldn't ever have pushed myself into the operation.

I'm not *actually* walking yet. I do hobble around the house regularly, but any real walking still requires a crutch. Four weeks is still time enough to change that!

No comments: